The MSP Inspections inspector shall:
- Service drop.
- Service entrance conductors, cables, and raceways.
- Service equipment and main disconnects.
- Service grounding.
- Interior components of service panels and subpanels.
- Overcurrent protection devices.
- Representative number of installed lighting fixtures, switches, and receptacles.
- Ground fault circuit interrupters and arc fault circuit interrupters.
- Amperage rating of the service.
- Location of main disconnect(s) and subpanels.
- Presence or absence of smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms.
- The predominant branch circuit wiring method.
MSP Inspections inspector is NOT required to:
- Remote control devices.
- Test low voltage wiring systems and components.
- Ancillary wiring systems and components not a part of the primary electrical power distribution system.
- Solar, geothermal, wind, and other renewable energy systems.
- Measure amperage, voltage, and impedance.
- Determine the age and type of smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms